Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Storage


Now that I have been performing a little over a year I have quite a few costumes.  The problem is, where to put them all!  Some are small and don't take much room but some are fluffy or heavy and have multiple layers and pieces.
                                                                                            
I've been putting some of them in plastic bags and then hooking them on a hanger, then shoving them in a closet. This isn't soo bad but it makes for finding what I want difficult. Then the bags got too heavy and the handles started to tear. 

So I headed to Target and got these little beauties.                                                                                      
I filled them up and now everything has a home. They take up a lot of room, A LOT. So that's not so good, but I can put multiple small costumes in one and I like that they are not getting crushed. My small feather fans are no longer getting licked by my cat so that's super good.


I also have a ton of fishnets, other stockings and gloves. These I put into a plastic drawer that I had other crap in. I also put in garter belts. Unfortunately, I don't have a dresser so storage has been a challenge without one. I want to keep my burlesque things close together but also separate from my normal clothes. I put glitter jewelry in a ziplock so the glitter doesn't go all over everything.
So I'm going to see how it goes. It's not perfect, but it's better, and since this has been a new year resolution, it feels good to be making progress.

Anyone have there own ideas they want to share?
XO
Dangerous Delilah

4 comments:

  1. Yeah...feathers + kitties = a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use clear plastic garment bags and hang each costume up with all the shoes/pasties/undergarments in the bag along with the main costume. I find this really helps. Hats often have to be stored seperately, but that's not a problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a steamer trunk i use. the kind with drawers. i have always been into frilly bits so a while back instead of having little boxes for my random hair accesories, i started putting them in their. i'll post some pics on my blog. i keept my panty sets in their own drawer along with my corsets vintage girdle. i have another drawer for stockings. my dresses go in my closet, i definately need garment bags. my pasties go in a trinket box. dont even get me started on hair product,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a drawer full of stuff for class and then my costumes are in costume bags taking over my closet. Hoping my next place has a bigger closet!

    ReplyDelete