Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The NEW Year!!!!

A new year......wow. A NEW YEAR!!

I'm not sure why but I'm excited for this year. Last year wasn't bad but, it wasn't good either. Now there is a new year ahead of me and I have so many ideas and things I want to do. I feel like I can do them all!! There is so much I want to talk about here on DD :) I can't wait to have you come along with me on my trip into discovering burlesque.



Today, I'm I going to give you something different. A review on make-up, not it's not burlesque, but you can't be a burlesque star without make-up! This isn't stage make-up, I'll blog about that a little later. It's just beautiful make-up that can be simple beauty to going out on the town glamor.

All this from a little box from Lorac. Close up: Real Life to Red Carpet, Eye Tutorial


I was Christmas shopping for make-up for my beautiful, non make-up wearing sister. Now, my sister is a pretty smart gal, but when it comes to make-up she is a bit on the clueless side and now she has a sweet little boy to chase around so make-up comes to her even less. I saw this box in Ulta, the eye shadow on the cover caught my eye. When I picked it up I saw all the lovely goodies inside and knew my sister had to have this. I really really wanted the eye shadow for myself, but it only comes with the box. The make-up counter lady said she only uses the eyeliner that comes with it, I picked it up for myself and I love it.

What's in the box you ask? Let me tell you.... and keep in mind the first time I tried this out was for New Years Eve. I'm not sure why I chose such a big night to try something new but I did :)

Ok first up, Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, this primer is pretty colorless, thin and applied easy with my finger. I'm used to a thicker or creamier primer so I was impressed when the eye shadow stayed all night and didn't creep into the crease.

Second, Front of the Line pro in Black, Holy COW this stuff is amazing. I tried it in the store on my hand first and no way was it going to smudge. This is inky black and the brush makes a smooth line, easy to make a sharp look perfect for a pinup look. The only problem I had was with the lid, not sure what was going on with that.

Next, Special Effects Conditioning Primer/ Defining & Lengthening Mascara, it comes up short. I skipped the conditioning side and just applied the defining & lengthening side. It has a thin brush that ended up making my lashes look like short stiff sticks. I had to apply my usual mascara to get the glamorous look I was wanting.

There is a Duel Ended Brush that comes in the box. One end is for applying the eye shadow and the other for blending. It worked well enough, but I like my usual brushes better.

Last is the Eyed Baked Eye Shadow Trio in Movie Star, I am in love with these colors. The colors are a light cream/ tan, a gold/ tan, and black. They are all slightly shimmery that reflects beautifully in the light with not a hint on glitter.

Oh! I forgot there is a step-by-step tutorial included that shows you how to look like a girl next door beauty all the way to going out on the town glamour.

This box is jam packed and most of it is great. I was really impress with the fact that my eye make up lasted way past midnight into the new year. And my sister? Well she followed the tutorial and 15 mins later she looked amazing.

xoxo

Dangerous Delilah

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty awesome! Being a sister who never wears make-up, I asked my big sis for make-up and a lesson in how to apply it this Christmas! Must have been a make-up year. *laughs* I'm not feeling brave enough yet to venture out into New And Different Make-Up territory, but I'll definitely have to keep this in mind if I do. Especially if it has a tutorial. ;)

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. For you basic make up is all you need! I'm not sure I've ever seen make-up on you that wasn't for a costume. Just have fun with it, it always comes off.

    ReplyDelete