Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Drink Up!

Hehehe! That's just what I did. Last night was a show in Oakland with Bombshell Betty. It was a great time, actually one of the funner shows I've ever done. I was drunk. At a show I will usually not drink and if I do I have one, that's it. I want to make sure I do every think right, but mostly I don't drink because I have to work the next day and I don't want to over sleep or have a
hang-over.
What was different last night? Two things; one, my boss is out of town so even tho I have to go to work it's not as stressful, Yippee! Second, my dance is a fun one and has real line dance steps that I used to do back in the day. But the first time I performed the dance at the Elbo Room I didn't have fun and I could tell it wasn't a good performance. I wanted to relax a little and that little turned into a lot! Vodka/ 7up for some reason was the drink of the night.
I still get so nervous before I go on stage, sometimes I can't think, can't breath, I feel like I'm going to throw up, all kinds of craziness goes on. Last night, none of that was going on. I knew the dance (as I always do) and just didn't worry about it (as I always do) and I had a blast, the audience had a blast and nothing but good stuff happened.
Good stuff.
My boss isn't gone all the time so I need to learn how to be less nervous and more fun with out the booze.
xo
Dangerous Delilah

1 comment:

  1. you know, that's great you posted about this, because i recently made a decision to perform sober. it's not that i relied on booze for courage or anything, but i was noticing that little details in my numbers fell through the cracks when i was buzzed. it just feels really great to be fully present on stage, to be in character, and to give the audience and un-slurry, 100% performance!

    this of course, is just my experience. i have no high horse opinions about whether or not performing under the influence (PUI, lol) is good or bad. it's an interesting consideration though!

    ...and your post made me think of this song by jason webley, not surprisingly named "the drinking song" :)
    http://www.jasonwebley.com/lyrics/drinking.html

    <3
    Laika Fox

    ReplyDelete