Monday, December 6, 2010

The Movie Review

I was able to go see the move Burlesque a week or so ago. After taking sometime to sort out my thoughts, I think this movie is pretty bad. There are some good things and some bad things, so let me tell you all about it.

Its starts out with a small town girl, Ali, wanting more, so she leaves. While hitting the pavement of LA looking for a job she sees beautiful Coco, a burlesque dancer, outside the theater. When she enters the theater, Ali doesn't know where she is or what kind of place she has walked into. This is when I was excited. On stage is a group of beautiful women in amazing costumes dancing away. And like me, Ali got excited and wants to join the group. What I really enjoyed about this part of the movie was Ali's excitement and wanting to be the girl up on the stage, because that's how I feel now. I HAVE bought all the books on burlesque, like the girl in the movie. On the other hand, the on stage dances, the stage, back stage, the bar, the costumes, and make-up, is all amazing, but it's not real. It's not burlesque.

After Ali becomes the star, the movie gets really bad. The costumes and make-up stay amazing, but now it pretty much is a Christina Agulaira music video. It's pretty bad. I tried to ignore the bad acting because the costumes and dancing were so good, but at this point in the movie it is too hard to ignore.

In all it's a bad movie with some really good things sprinkled in. To me this was another version of Coyote Ugly with better dancing. I would love to see this movie again, but edited down just to the dancing scenes.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the movie. My hope is....that people will be excited to see what burlesque really is and come out to this shows.

xo
Dangerous Delilah

2 comments:

  1. you need to preface this post with "SPOILER ALERT". OMG i almost got halfway through before realizing I still plan to see this movie! love you xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! It was an amazing movie from a dazzle point of view BUT for people who have no idea what burlesque is - it creates the wrong impression.

    I my opinion it was not burlesque at all but one big cabaret. Will still be stealing choreography from it though ;)

    ReplyDelete