Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!

I hope you all stuff yourselves, then take a walk and then a nap and then eat turkey sandwiches! That's the tradition in my family!

Today is a day that we are all given the chance to take the day off and think about what we are thankful for in our lives. For me Thanksgiving has been a day of spending it with family. I grew up far away from my Grandma's, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. On Thanksgiving, my small family would all pack into the car and drive the whole looong way to the relatives house. My sister and I would play the ever fun "pinching game" that would lead to first laughter, then tears, then the parents yelling, then bruises all over our bodies. Let me tell you this was OH SO FUN! Then we all waited for the food and devoured the food all in a loud big family way. Then the best part was we all went for a walk around the long block, everyone would go, even the horse and the dogs. It was a beautiful day. I miss it.

These past few years of living in San Francisco have turned Thanksgiving into a little bit different day. I would go off with my sister the her husbands family. It was all very nice with great food, I'm thankful they always included me and made me feel welcome. Now, today as I have a cheesecake in the oven, my day will be different again. Today I'm going over to some lovely friends house to enjoy the afternoon. I'm hoping for good food, great friends and for my cheesecake to turn out!

I am thankful for these memories of my past and am looking forward to making new ones. For this year that is almost over I have not had the best year. This is when I must really look at what I do have in my life and be thankful. So, what am I thankful for? My sweet new nephew, Evan. He has shown me how wonderful a child can be. He is sweet, smart, big, funny and just amazing. I'm amazed by how fast he learns something new! And he melts my heart when I hear his little child voice say my name. I am thankful for my mom & dad who always love me. My sister who is strong and supportive and always tries to my me feel better. My boyfriend, who cares for me. My awesome friends, I don't have very many and they are scattered around the world, but I love them. Most I have know for years and years and I look forward to more years! I am thankful for burlesque! This has been an outlet for me and it is one thing that I look forward to. It makes me happy and want to become a better performer. Lastly, I am thankful for Oscar my cat. .This soft fur ball helps me in my stressful day to relax he shows me love with wanting nothing in return but a bowl of food and a warm lap to sit in.

What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

xoxo
Dangerous Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment