Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Learned Something

On Thursday I got the privilege to perform at Fire Eaters Anonymous in Blank Space in the Metreon in downtown San Francisco. I was happy to perform, since I didn't think I would get the chance in November, thank you If-N-Whendy!

So this is what happened. I was getting ready at home, putting my hair in hot rollers when I realized, yet again I didn't have any cloths on. Bummer, try putting cloths on with rollers in your hair, its hard just moving your head around! This isn't the first time I've done this too, you would think I would learn. I found a cute warm sweater dress that would fit nicely over the rollers, I finished my make up and went out the door.

When I got to the show no one noticed me, that's fine for me. Then I get into costume with the other lovely lady's If- N-Whendy, Pickles Kintarro, Laika Fox, and Cherry Chapstick. It was a small, quick, beautiful show. When we were done and changed that's when I felt like I didn't belong. The other lady's had something beautiful to put on, something that made them look like performers and like they were something special. I had my sweater dress and flats back on and felt oh so out of place. My boyfriend even said I looked like a goober and I did! Not like a burlesque performer at all, I didn't even want to stay and watch the other things going on.

What I learned is, I need to stay in character. If I want to stand out, feel special, like I belong in the glamorous burlesque genera, I need to act the part. Dangerous Delilah is not a girl in a sweater dress. She is a stunner and I need to make her that way. So the very next day I when to to the Betty Paige store on Haight st and tried on a bunch of beautiful dresses and whittled it down to two. So now I have 3 pinup dresses (the other is from http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/). I L.O.V.E. them. The fit and the styling of these dresses make me feel sexy, pretty and classy. I have now worn two of the dresses and I turned heads. Just wait till Dangerous Delilah gets a hold of these :)

I hope to put up pictures of these dresses soon.

xo
Dangerous Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment