Sunday, August 15, 2010

Variety Show!


Last night was a lot of fun. About a week ago my friend and fellow burlesquer, Tasty Temptress (find her on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tasty-Temptress/143848675637309 ) invited me to a friends party. I wasn't too sure about since it was sooo far away in Santa Cruz, until she told me this was not an ordinary house party, it was a variety show! She went on to tell me about her friend putting the show on and how the previous years had been. It sounded like fun. Fina Fatale ( check her out here too; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fina-Lina-Wear/127948383903899?ref=mf&v=wall#!/pages/Fina-Lina-Wear/127948383903899 ) was there too! So this varity show had three pretty burlesque dancers to watch. Lucky them :)

I was putting my make-up on when I noticed little kiddys running around. I didn't think too much of it until Ms. Temptress said "Don't worry, the kids will be told to leave when we go on. I don't want little kids seeing me." I was thinking OMG! I don't either! In my life I only really know three kids. Two are in-laws and I don't see them too often and the other is my sweet nephew, who is one. So, I don't tend to think about what kids can and can not watch. But wowza! That's when it hit me. We were the 'adult entertainment' ! And that cracks me up. Never have I ever thought of myself in those terms. I still chuckle to myself as I write this. I don't see burlesque as 'adult entertainment.' I just see it as fun PG/ PG13 rated. Am I wrong? I must be. Maybe my views are skewed since I don't have to worry about who's watching, that's what the doormen are for.


I did my very fun 'German Beer Girl' dance, Fina Fatale dance to a great Abba song and Tasty Temptress finished off the night to Sister Kate. The group of friends watching loved it and several lady's came up to me after telling me how fun it was to watch. I was relieved. As you know from my previous post, that I get stage fright. This time was no different. Actually it may have been worse since it wasn't at a club, it was just someones deck in a back yard and the people were there to be with friends and watch a variety show not a burlesque show. If Fina hadn't been 'back stage' talking to me and making me crack up, I think I really would have vomited over the railing! Thanks Fina!!!


So, add to my burlesque resume 1 variety show. Check.


Very special thanks to Liza for putting on the show! It was great fun.


xoxo


Dangerous Delilah

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! It can be really great and really strange at the same time to perform in non-nightclub environments! Don't worry about the stage fright. I still get it. ;)

    ReplyDelete