Monday, August 16, 2010

Coming up with an Act

This year Bombshell Betty decided to do theme shows, examples would be.....Summertime, South of the Border, Around the World, Halloween, Christmas, you get the idea. When she first told all of us this, I was pretty excited, since that would save me from having to come up with my own ideas and just focus on the act. This year I have done two of the theme shows so far. Now, I'm working on this months act. And yes, I'm procrastinating! I have to show Betty my act in two days!

So, I'll start from the beginning. The shows theme for August 23rd is summertime. The idea that comes to mind is the beautiful beaches I grew up going to in southern California, warm, sandy, salty. As you all know that right now Katy Perry's hit song 'California Gurls' is blasting all over the radio, I thought perfect song. Well, that's about as far as I got, nothing came to mind. I decided then that I wouldn't perform in this show. That is until just a few days ago when Betty put out an e-mail listing the dancers, and I was on it. I had forgotten to tell her! Oops! Not wanting to disappoint I put on my thinking cap and tried to think of what I could do.

Wipeout by the Surfaris came to mind, a great surfer, fun song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UofdWQG346k&translated=1 . But it's not so simple, I also really like the song Pipeline by the Ventures http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G8W7dvKOX4&feature=related . Whats a girl to do? Deal with it later ;) Next, costume. As I listen to the songs I try to see what repeats, where does some thing fun happen, things like that. What is lucky for me is that both songs are very similar. That's where I figure out how many pieces I have to take off and how long I might have to do it in. I started to think... maybe a dress, gloves and bra. I knew I wanted to have a teal colored costume too, since I wanted to give a watery, ocean vibe. I headed out to see what I could find on Haight street . I first went in to New York Apparel. This place never disappoints. There I found a fun wrap skirt, the kind belly dancers wear, blue boot shorts and some black lace gloves (not for this act, but were oh so pretty I couldn't resist.)

Next, I headed down the street to a craft store that I never knew about and found some pretty, shiny cloth in the same color along with some sequins. Then I was off to Ross for a cheap bra, at least that part was really easy. Here is all my booty!





Now my problem is, what is the third thing going to be that I can take off? Maybe a dress? Gloves? I also need to keep in mind the beach theme, I'm going for. Then my boyfriend suggested a surfer T-shirt. Not a bad idea, I could put something on the front like 'surfs up' or 'surfer girl.' Now I have to decided how the top will come off. Should I take it off over my head, or make it tear away? SO many things to think about!! Why did I wait so long?


This blog is getting rather long. So more tomorrow, I have to come up with a dance now!

Oh, as you can see I'm going to try to show you some pictures of things, to make this blog even more fun!



xoxo

Dangerous Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment