Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stop Procratinating!

I get so inspired and have so many ideas whirling around in my head. I have lists of songs I want to make an act too. I have pieces of acts choreographed with no song to go to. I have friends that want to do duets. I have so many different costumes I want to make. Sparkles I want to design and glue on. Feathers I want to fluff up and turn into fans or headpieces. Props that have the potential to be great. I dance in shows that have a theme, so i have theme ideas as well as ideas of acts that I want to just create. All a buzz in my head. Buzz Buzz Buzzzzz.

I have a problem. It's called PROCRASTINATION. Boo :(   I like to blame it on the fact that I don't have a car so its hard for me to get to the craft stores. Or that surfing the web is like a wild goose chase one site to another, nothing quite what I'm looking for.And I have to wait till payday to get all the pretty things I want. This really is true to some extent.

What ends up happening is I look and surf and wait and wait and wait. Then suddenly it's a week before the show and I only have bits and pieces of an act put together. So I rush and I throw together what I can and practice like crazy. I love my acts. I think they are very sensual and others are fun. But in my head....they would have been even better. More sparkles, bigger feathers, more colors.....just bigger and better.

But.....why can't I get organized? I think I should just order what I need, plan ahead and start the darn project!! I am always wanting new things for every act. New garter belts, new gloves, new fans, new colors. What I think might help me is to change this thinking. Have some burlesque "basics" that I can customize with sparkles and use in more than one act and change it up and add as needed.  I know this will help with long term cost.

Something else that I hope will help me is to not perform a new act every month like I was doing for awhile. I love the whole process so freakin much that I want to perform every month. The creativity of the whole process consumes me and I love every aspect of it. The reality is I can't.  And I shouldn't.  Quality over quantity right!! This needs to be my new motto :) 


xoxo
Dangerous Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment