Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Wonderful Photographer

Wow! February was a busy month for me. Show after show after show all the way from Sacramento to Santa Cruz, San Francisco and Oakland. The month was kicked off in a wonderful way, a photo shoot! I've never done a photo shoot before so I was pretty nervous. AND to make matters a worse a week before I decided to color my hair for the first time ever. That was bad news bears!! It turned my lovely hair orange :(
Needless to say I was freaking out. I spent all of that time washing my hair hoping to get the color to calm down. But that is not the point of this blog.

I'm going to back track a few months.  I was performing at the Metreon with a few ladies and one who had some amazing photos. I asked who the photographer was and she replied 'my friend Elen, I'll send you her info.' Long story short I was put in touch with Elen made an appointment and as I was on the Muni towards her studio, I was very nervous.

Elen doing what she loves
Now let me tell you about Elen. She is a freelance, fine art photographer and video editor. Elen only does boudoir photography through personal referrals so I was very lucky to get this chance. This wonderful woman is like a beautiful little fairy that right away made me feel right at home and comfortable. She has a wonderful energy and has a keen eye to what was flattering, hairs out of place, to a shiny face. This comes from her experience with freelance, always on the look out for the exceptional shot. Needless to say she made me look great and not a tinge of orange in my hair :)

I don't want to brag, but it's not everyday that I get to have photos taken by someone so good in there craft. Elen has her very own solo photo exhibition in San Rafel called 'Familiar Stranger' at the ArtWorks Downtown. Go see it! Being car-less I'm going to do my best to go :)  You can find Elen at http://www.elengales.com/  and on flickr www.flickr.com/photos/frames_of_gale 


Elen was very friendly, professional, comfortable, creative and artistic. I would love to work with her again.


Here is a very small sample, what do you think..........?





Thank you Elen for such amazing photos.

xoxo
Dangerous Delilah

2 comments:

  1. those are great! im doing some pictures on monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are absolutely beautiful!! I'm going to be in NorCal (not sure if you know I moved back to SoCal) the weekend of April 16th for the Choc. Salon in SF. You have any performances? I have a good friend here in San Diego, Lady Borgia, who I love, but it would be fun to see a NorCal show too!

    ReplyDelete