Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Start

I started my journey in August 2009. Just wanting to take a fun dance class that got me out of the house and meeting new people. As I searched the web I found Boumbshell Betty (find her here at http://www.bombshellbetty.net/) and really wanted to sign up, but... it took me a whole year to get the courage to do it! Finally, the second day of class arrived (I missed the first) and I didn't know what to expect.





Betty was beautiful. She showed the class how to walk, how to bump, how to grind, shimmy and shake it. All the while teaching us how to come up with who we want to 'be' and how to be it. Can I tell you how much fun this class was ? It was like eating a sexy hot chocolate sunday with all your best friends covered in sparkles and the teacher was telling you not to miss a bit. Sometimes I would be tired after a long day and not want to make the effort to get on the Muni to go to class, but I'd drag my butt to class and the next thing I knew I was having a blast.





When I was in class I'd try to copy every move Betty would maake, even when she wasn't teaching a dance move. Yes, she IS that sexy, that she can just stand there and women want to copy her. But then I'd look in the mirror and just see me, looking silly. By the end of the classes I do feel like I learned to be a little bit like Betty, sexy in my own skin.





She taught the class all kinds of fun things, dancing, coustume making, courage, confidence. In the end we learned a group number to perform live! I didn't think I had it in me, but how could I miss out? Well, I couldn't. And here I am now on this new adventure.





xoxo


Dangerous Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment