Monday, November 14, 2011

Just Talk to Me

I've had two brief relationships since I've included burlesque in my life. The first, the guy loved burlesque shows. He took pictures, helped me, took me to all the shows, chatted with the regular men and women that were around. But he always asked, 'when would I be quitting?' Some how he came up with the idea that I would quit in 5 years....not sure where this came from, but I didn't dispute it. The relationship ended and I was alone in my little burlesque world for a long time.

Then I met man number 2.  I told him on our first date that I was a burlesque dancer, he was interested and seemed to understand what burlesque was. One night he sweetly came over and help me glitter some flowers for my hair. He came to a few shows and seemed to enjoy himself. Then BAM!! out of no where he dumps me and blames it on the fact that he is uncomfortable with his girlfriend getting naked in front of strangers.

It's fine. I understand a lot of people have a hard time with dating a burlesque dancer. It takes someone strong and confident in themselves, and a lot of trust. What makes me pissed off is that I have been lead to believe that these two men were okay with the whole burlesque thing when in reality they weren't. 

I'm all about communication. Tell me what bothers you, I sure as hell will! There is nothing wrong with talking to the person you care about. Especially when it comes to something like burlesque. It's its own unique world that is hard to understand.

For me the reality is.....I would love to find someone lovely that accepts burlesque or is worth giving up burlesque for.

xo
Dangerous Delilah

7 comments:

  1. You deserve someone who loves, trusts, and supports you, and someone who would not ask you to give up something you love.
    xoxo
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! What Jocelyn said! Anyone worth giving up burlesque for wouldn't be selfish and insecure enough to ask you to give up something you love and that gives you such joy! Don't worry, there are lots of people out there who would be thrilled to support you in all of your sexiness! You're wonderful, and don't dumb yourself down for anyone!!!

    XO
    Bombshell Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. no one is worth giving up burlesque for. burlesque represents being who you are. you should never have to give something up for someone else. These men are overly jealous and instead of dumping you they should have worked through their own issues. We all feel jealousy we just don;t have to succumb to it!

    your body is yours, to do with what you please!!

    You are such a beautiful woman and a dynamic performer, a man should be proud to watch you and have you go home with him and deliver on that tease!

    stay strong in yoself sexy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you rock! As the little man that I am, I love burlesque. You need not worry the right one will happen plus I have never seen any of y'all naked, close but no cigar!! It does take a special someone, with me that is Keri, aka wife. I enjoy making art with my camera and there are NOT a lot of ladies out there that would allow a hunk of a man like me to go out and do what makes me happy. Communication, trust and the love for one another as an individual are a huge part of a long lasting relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never stop!! I'm just getting started, and already you've inspired me, because we're both crafty, so... oh and thank you so much for showing everyone how you crafted the feather fans!
    Never stop for a man! The right man will beg you not to stop as well! Keep shimmy shimmying!

    Miss Hot Cocoa

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, how are you with burlesque now? Some 4 years later in retrospect. Do you miss the men?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering how things turned out: Married with children? Still doing performance dance? Very curious.

    ReplyDelete